Experience AGC's Sustainability Initiatives
At the Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC), environmental stewardship is woven into every aspect of the school day and curricular philosophy - from our edible schoolyard garden to the zero-waste organic cafeteria. AGC's sustainability tours provide an overview of how we build sustainable practices into both our academic and operational models.
- Touring the AGC organic schoolyard garden, demonstration wind turbine and solar energy learning lab.
- Meeting Daisy and Puddles – AGC’s schoolyard chickens.
- Observing students using their worm-bins to compost in the classroom.
- Learning about AGC’s operational sustainability model.
- Exploring the AGC greenhouse and learning about its use as an experimental growing space.
- Eating a scratch-made meal in the zero-waste organic cafeteria.
- Previewing our plans for a net-positive energy future campus on an 11-acre urban farm.
- Witnessing how students are empowered to lead healthy lives through education.
Please complete this form at least 24 hours before your tour. We look forward to welcoming you.* Required
Academy for Global Citizenship Sustainability Tour
Tour Dates: Winter - Spring 2016-2017
Tours will take place from 8:15-9:15 AM at 4647 W. 47th St. To sign up for a tour, please complete the form below at least 24 hours before the tour date of your choice.